Available at Ultimate Medical Academy:Health Sciences Associate (Pharm. Tech.)
Graduates of the Health Science A.S. will:
- Earn an associate degree with an area of concentration.
- Take general education courses in English, math, biology and social sciences.
- Take elective courses in topics including accounting, computers, psychology, patient relations and more.
- Prepare to sit for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) exam.
- Have potential for greater earnings.
- Have potential for increased employment opportunities.
The UMA Pharmacy Technician program offers a career-focused curriculum that can help you acquire the knowledge, skills and confidence to support licensed pharmacists by assisting with counter dispensing operations and prescription preparation at retail pharmacies, mail-order pharmacies, hospitals, nursing homes and assisted-living facilities. In approximately 14-22 months, you can learn how to:
- Stock and inventory prescriptive and over-the-counter medications.
- Maintain written or computerized patient medication records.
- Count or pour medications into dispensing containers.
- Manage the cash register and/or billing
- Assemble a twenty-four hour supply of medication for each patient.
- Re-package medications
- Prepare commercially unavailable medications.
- Deliver medications to patient rooms.
- Establish and maintain patient profiles.
- Prepare insurance claim forms.
Locations offering this program:Ultimate Medical Academy Online
« More Ultimate Medical Academy Programs