Available at Ultimate Medical Academy:Pharmacy Technician Diploma
Write yourself a prescription to play an important role in today’s growing healthcare community.
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of pharmacy technicians is expected to increase by 31 percent from 2008 to 2018, which is much faster than the average for all occupations. As cost-conscious insurers begin to use pharmacies as patient-care centers and pharmacists become more involved in patient care, pharmacy technicians will continue to see an expansion of their role in the pharmacy.*
Ultimate Medical Academy’s (UMA) Pharmacy Technician diploma program has been designed to prepare you for an entry-level position as a pharmacy technician through the study of theoretical and practical skills consistent with the pharmaceutical industry’s expectations of the technician position. The curriculum is also structured to prepare you for the PTCB certification exam. Source: http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos325.htm
What You Can Learn
The UMA Pharmacy Technician diploma program offers a career-focused curriculum that, in approximately 10 months, can help you acquire the knowledge, skills and confidence to support licensed pharmacists by assisting them with counter dispensing operations and prescription preparation at retail pharmacies, mail-order pharmacies, hospitals, nursing homes and assisted-living facilities. You can learn how to:
- Stock and inventory prescriptive and over-the-counter medications.
- Maintain written or computerized patient medication records.
- Count or pour medications into dispensing containers.
- Manage the cash register/or billing
- Assemble a 24-hour supply of medication for each patient.
- Re-package medications
- Prepare commercially unavailable medications.
- Deliver medications to patient rooms.
- Establish and maintain patient profiles.
- Prepare insurance claim forms.
Locations offering this program:Ultimate Medical Academy Online
« More Ultimate Medical Academy Programs